Trespa strongly believes that sustainability is not something you dream about, but something you do. It’s about acting. This is why the company takes actions that provide a ‘win’ for the environment, the business and its clients. Sustainability became key part of Trespa’s License To Operate strategy in 2010 and a lot of effort has been put since then to improve our environmental performance through the implementation of a number of projects and activities.
- For Trespa, sustainability is about common sense, a fact-based approach and complete integration in the business planning.
- Trespa uses the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA) methodology to understand the impact it has on the environment and to set up its yearly priorities. The LCA allows to identify and quantify the energy, materials, wastes and emissions released.
- The main driver to sustainability is durability of the products (reliability and long service life).
- Do more with less, enhancing the functionality of its products while reducing the inputs required to manufacture them (cradle-to-gate approach).
- Trespa Second Life programme: launched in 2019 to encourage the reuse of Trespa® Meteon® panels as material for other applications.
- Sustainability is part of NEMHO (Next Material House), the R&D department for all of Broadview Holding companies, including Trespa.